4.11.2008

More Of Natalies Orkney Pics..




Natalie - I decided to go to Orkney because I’ve never been before and I thought it would be a good experience and opportunity.
I expected we would just be visiting lots of places. The trip definitely surpassed my expectations and was a lot more interesting than I thought it was going to be.
My favourite part of the trip was visiting the small island of Hoy. Three members of the Pier Group came with us, Graham, Holly and Rory. We went over on the foot ferry, then drove to Hoy 'outdoor centre', where there was a Triangle International Artists workshop going on. I wasn’t really looking forward to this as I didn’t really know what it was but it turned out to be my favourite part of the whole trip!
When we got inside, we had an introduction from one of the artists, Amy, who was quite local. She explained that the workshop was 20 artists from all over the world, living together for two weeks, learning new talents from each other and creating art.
Then she took us to meet some of the other artists. We met artists from Germany, Cuba, Afghanistan, Trinidad, Korea, and Orkney. They were all very nice and showed us some of their work. There was also a Kirk where some of the artists were working and we were shown around it. Then we walked down to the beach with an old boat house, where one of the artists was making a musical instrument out of an old piece of wood. Next we went to Rackwick beach, one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen!!
We drew pictures in our spanner planners, took photos and drew in the sand.

No comments: