4.15.2008

Ruth's photos


the Pier Arts Centre.

Nicole - I decided to go on the Orkney trip during the Easter holidays as I thought it would be fun and a good experience for me. Also, my two best friends were also going, which meant we were all enjoying the art museums, chapels and many more fun things together.
I expected the trip to be all about art and museums but when I got there, it was nothing like that. Already I had experienced things I had never done before when I was only there for three days for example: the ferry, the dark caves that had lots of history behind them, Skara Brae and many more things. So the trip was very different to what I expected.
Yes, I would say the trip met my expectations because I had lots of things to do, I also learnt a lot and I had so much to talk about when I came home.
My favourite aspect of the trip was the ferry and the tomb, Maeshowe, as I was so scared to enter them. But when I got inside it wasn’t bad at all, it was actually really good!
The only thing that could have been improved was getting up later in the morning but that wasn’t possible, so nothing, everything was good!


Inside the Italian Chapel at Lamb's Holm.

Muddy Funksters workshop, making birds from recycled materials.

Alison sketching on the beach at Hoy.

Sean filming the Jordanian Triangle Artist working in the boat house.

Sean - My favourite part of this trip was the visit to St Magnus Cathedral. The architecture, windows, everything is spectacular. We had activities arranged after our trips around the island, such as the film night, model making competitions and ‘Circle Time’’
Our team leaders : Jenny, Lindsay and Ruth were great. Ruth must be really devoted to us to organise this trip.



Triangle artists working in the kirk.

Sketching Rackwick Beach.

Rackwick Beach.

Arriving at Rackwick beach.

All of us ontop of Maeshowe!

No comments: